Friday, January 18, 2013

Daily Spotlight - Mimi Barbour



This month I have released a new boxed set called Mimi’s Mix. I selected a story from each of my three series’ - books that haven’t reached as many readers as I would like. I chose Partners from the Vegas Series, His Devious Angel a full-length from the Angels with Attitudes Series and one of my novellas called He's Her from the Vicarage Bench Series. I put the three into a boxed set and crossed my fingers.

This isn’t my first boxed set; I'd made another just before Christmas. In that case I took the three novellas from The Vicarage Bench Series, which hardly got any attention at all, and put them all together. Much to my surprise, the set has sold wonderfully. Of course the fact that I’ve priced it at $.99 might have made the difference. (Ya think?) And I did hesitate to price it so low. Until I realized that the combined word count was less than many single title novels.

Each of the novellas in the anthology was singularly priced at $.99 and still are. Therefore, you would think a fair price would be $2.99 which is an acceptable price for three separate stories. But after the set came off a promotion and took off, I just couldn’t put the price back up. The sales now have justified me keeping the price low and giving the readers a treat.


Not to mention that those book have reached thousands of more readers who hopefully will like my writing and search out my other work. I consider it a win-win situation.

***Another win-win is that I’ll be gifting a copy of each if my boxed sets to two lucky people who leave a comment about what they think of boxed sets of books.


My contact information is as follows: I do love to hear from you so please drop me a line.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MimiBarbour  @MimiBarbour
Amazon page: http://amzn.to/Qy67qM
LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/TCa7cL

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy boxed sets. The fact that the novels are together helps me remember to read the next before forgetting the first, and I do have a really bad memory. I like the continuity of a boxed set. But I also like the fact that the end of book one gives me a logical place to stop and catch up with all the household stuff that reading good books distracts me from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love boxed sets! They allow authors to showcase a mix of books and are value for money! So YAY for boxed sets!

    tess_halim(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made my day, Ladies! Personally I love to get a book with more than one story and now I know I'm not alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete