Saturday, January 19, 2013

Daily Spotlight - RaeBeth McGee Buda









Raebeth, Can you explain what your book is about and what inspired you to write it?

Sure. Silenced is based around depression and the coping way of cutting. Amber Brown (the main character) finds out a series of depressing information which leads to her dependency on cutting. The story takes the reader into her mind which allows them to feel what she feels. The inspiration came from real life events and the fact that self harm is a hushed subject. Most don’t want to hear about it. I decided it was time for people to stop pushing it to the back burner and creating awareness for it. It’s my goal to help a person who is depressed see there is hope and to help a person who doesn’t understand- to understand.

How long did it take you to get your book written and published?

Silenced is my first novella which it took about four years to completely write, edit, and publish. I believe I could have had Silenced out sooner but life got in the way and needed attended to. Now that I’m fully dedicated to my writing my books will be out a lot sooner than that.

What is your favorite part of the book and why?

My favorite part of Silenced was writing it. I loved the journey. I laughed. I cried. But most of all I met some amazing people while writing it.

What was the hardest part in the book to write and why?

The hardest part in the book to write was some of the cutting scenes. I personally experienced depression and feeling like I was alone. While writing these scenes it brought those feelings back so I could write the scene with as much feeling as possible. It was a tough road.

Who is your favourite character from Silenced and why?

Amber Brown is my favorite character. I based her off of a few people I know and she’s all of them mixed into one. She’s the outcast in school and finds her one true friend in Casey. This was me in high school. It was hard to find where I fit in. Her outlook comes from a mixture of people I met and based her off of.

Do you have a writing routine that you follow?

Unfortunately being a full time mother and writer has its downfalls. I write when I can. Although I make sure I’m writing something everyday. I mainly write during the day hours when my daughter is in school but in the summer I do most of my writing when she’s in bed.

What other authors and/ or books inspired you to become a writer?

This is a bit hard for me because this list goes on. I’ve met so many writers online through critique groups and promotional groups for Indie authors. Each one left their print on my heart which inspired me. So I must say thank you to all the indie authors out there. I don’t think I could have done this without you.

How do you come up with all your ideas?

My ideas come to me in an instant. I could be thinking about one thing and it can lead into another book. I have even had dreams inspire me too. So they come from every where at any given point of time.

What are you working on now, and can you give us any details?

Oh I have so many different works in progress that I’m working on. I’m writing a paranormal that has witches, wizards, and demons. I’m writing a crime book which is based off of a true event. I’m writing the second part of Silenced. The list actually goes on but the others are top secret for now.

What advice would you give others who are pursuing writing?

Two big things to be a writer would be to write everyday and read. The main bit of advice that I would give would be to NEVER GIVE UP. Don’t let that little voice in your head win. Believe me.. I’m still hearing it but I shove a cookie in her mouth and write.

Connect with RaeBeth via: Website 
Purchase Silenced on Amazon

1 comment: